Released: May 18, 2023
WASHINGTON, D.C.— May 1, 2023 The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), the Federal Laboratory Consortium (FLC), and academic technology transfer non-profit AUTM are collaborating to host the Green Energy Innovation Expo on May 17 at USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.
This no-cost event aims to provide a unique environment where licensors of federally funded green energy technologies, including green hydrogen, energy storage, and wind energy, can network and meet with potential licensees to move green energy forward. Attendees can showcase their innovation portfolios in front of key industry representatives and build collaborative relationships with other organizations operating in this field.
“Innovations in green energy technology are a critical component in our nation’s efforts to tackle climate change,” said Kathi Vidal, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO. “We are excited to facilitate opportunities in the green energy tech community to bring those innovations to impact and market.”
The Green Energy Innovation Expo is one of several USPTO initiatives bringing innovation to impact by addressing the challenges of climate change. Other initiatives include:
- The creation of the Patents for Humanity Green Energy category
- The Trademarks for Humanity Awards Program
- The work-sharing program with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to advance green technology
- Expedited examination procedures for innovations that reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the Climate Change Mitigation Pilot Program
- A partnership with the World Intellectual Property Organization’s WIPO GREEN program
Advance registration is required to attend the Green Energy Innovation Expo. To view the agenda and register, visit the event page on the USPTO website.
Media contact: Carolina Olivieri, FLC Marketing Director [email protected]
Originally published at https://federallabs.org/about/media/flc-press-releases/flc-autm-uspto%E2%80%99s-green-energy-innovation-expo-offers-networking-and-potential-partnership-opportunit